A Val Chac Farewell, for now

It's been a long time since my last post.  Typical.  And here's another post to tell you that it'll be a while until my next one.  Why?  I'm on vacay, baby, heading to Pumalin!  I'll spend a couple weeks in the park with Lilly, Jorge, Sarah, and Fernando, and I can't wait.  It will give me some much-needed space from and perspective on the estancia, and a taste of more of Chile!

The past few weeks have been filled with donors and goodbyes and sunny days and rain clouds and good times and frustrations and rantings and ideas and inspiration; in short, the normal stuff here in the valley.  More details will come in the next post, but for now I'll leave you with this quote from Aldo Leopold which recently struck a chord with me from his book A Sand County Almanac:
When I call to mind my earliest impressions, I wonder whether the process ordinarily referred to as growing up is not actually a process of growing down; whether experience, so much touted among adults as the thing children lack, is not actually a progressive dilution of the essentials by the trivialities of living.
Food for thought.  Chau chau for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment