Te Anau Tour

All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go...  But at least I'm not leaving on a jet plane, not yet anyway.  I have one day left in Te Anau to say goodbyes and tie up loose ends, and I can't help but feel a bit sad.  While I'm still looking forward to the good things that lie ahead, I've grown so attached and comfortable here that it's a sad thing to leave it behind.  So as a tribute to this wonderful little town, I'm taking you on a photographic tour of Te Anau (though it surely doesn't do the place justice).  Riley, this is for you.
My home for the past 6+ months.
My walk to work.
Where I work(ed)!
Last day in the VC, with Anja and Denise (and Jeanette, but she's the one behind the camera this time).
Monument to Quintin Mackinnon, one of the intrepid explorers of the region.
Heading down the lakefront.
Lake Te Anau with Mt Titiroa in the distance.
Welcome to the bustling metropolis of Te Anau...
...where you have to watch out for livestock crossing the road?  This remains one of my favorite pictures of this town.
The Cliff, one of my favorite places in town.  I've spent many a good night there with friends and live music.
Giant takahe.
Lakefront and wharfs.
Mountains are never far away.
It really is a prime location.
Te Anau's "urban sprawl".
Since I'm leaving town, I'll be pretty incomunicado until the end of my first roadtrip in June, so I'm taking a leave of absence from the blogosphere and the world wide web.  But I promise to make up for it with heaps of good photos and stories when I return.  Till then, be happy and healthy!  Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12 May, 2013

    Oh girl :) You're too sweet!! Thank you for taking me on a "walking" tour of your town. What a beautiful place!!! Enjoy your little vacay with Corey and let's talk soon! Lots of love,

    Riley

    ReplyDelete