Closing Melbourne

First of all, let me apologize to you, my readers, for being absent for so so long (I know most of you are family and friends that I've already seen since I've been home, but still, sorry).  My computer battery and charger broke almost simultaneously and while I was in the throes of deciding whether or not to upgrade my machine, it meant that my blog (and everything else on my computer) were severely neglected.  So, my bad.

I realize I haven't posted anything since Christmas time, so I have a few more pictures now to make up for that, sort of.  I'll keep this one limited to the Land Down Under and leave my shenanigans here at home for another post.  So without further ado, more Melbourne for your viewing pleasure:
Christmas on the beach at St. Kilda.  You wouldn't know it except for the tree.
Happy Holidays!
Downtown mayhem for New Years' fireworks.
Yummy coffee make Cory angry.
Fed Square for (a very disappointing) Super Bowl!
If I'd know how the game would turn out, I would've been frowning too.
Melbourne Symphony Orchestra at the Sydney Myer Music Bowl - part of White Night.
Cory, Michaela, and Lachlan.
More White Night installations.
White Night in all it's glory.
I finally got so stir-crazy I made us rent a car and drive part of the Great Ocean Road for a day.  Of course, it had to be a rainy day.  But getting out of the city and seeing some nature again was well worth it, no matter the weather.
This tree grew around another that had fallen down - and has since decayed.
See?  Rainy.
But rain means raindrops mean cool photo ops.
Typical character of the road.  Winding road = fun! (Until you get caught behind a tour bus...)
Mini-hike to this, Swallow Cave.
Also mini-hike to this, Sheoak Falls.
The Ghost of Cory Past checking out the waterfall.
11 hour layover in Honolulu = time for the beach at Waikiki.  I don't think swimming has ever felt so good.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous05 June, 2014

    YEAH !
    Thanks for the new pix, Tiger.
    See You Soon.
    Daddo.

    ReplyDelete