and upward!

It's day thirteen of my CELTA course, as Neil reminded us today.  Only a week and a half left!  I'm exhausted at this point, but the end is in sight, so I push on.  My pillow is calling my name, saying we have a date for a little siesta, but two things I have to impart to you first.

One.  I rose to the challenge from my tutors today and my lesson got an 'above standard' mark!  It's what I was aiming for (what else would you expect) and I was pretty confident when I finished that I'd achieved my goal.  Nice to have the Fran reinforce that with her grading.  Only two more lessons left for me to teach...say what?

Two.  Here's how you know CELTA has taken over: you dream about teaching, in the few hours of sleep you scrape up every night.  So you go to bed thinking about your lesson, your brain carries on that train of thought while your body enjoys the short reprieve, and then you wake up knowing that you can't get teaching out of your brain and it's time to go back to school.  My future?  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment