A Thanksgiving Picture Essay

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  It's sunny and warm, we got out of class an hour and a half early today, Brian lent me his guitar for the afternoon, and I've got a decent start on my lesson plan for tomorrow.  I'm thankful for who and what I have around me, both physically here and at a distance, so things are good!  Now if only I had a nice big feast to look forward to...



...with this...
(for those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing this dish, it's called baked corn and it's sunshine in a casserole)
(also I was thinking of making some of this here but alas, I have no oven)







...and this... (the real stuff, maybe with a little orange zest in it, unlike the poor little canned version.  compare the one on the left with the one on the right.  which one would you go for?  that's what I thought.)





...and this...
(goodness gracious am I giving myself a monstrous and unfortunate Thanksgiving craving)












...and it just wouldn't be complete without this!















although admittedly, my portion would look something more like this.  gotta get those proportions right:

[chorus of angels singing]

Unfortunately, they don't make these things in Argentina.  I'm especially bummed about the pumpkin pie.  But I did make myself a different little feast:


Garlic-and-onion rice, sauteed broccoli, squash, onion, and red pepper in tomato basil sauce, and a pan-fried soy milanesa with (rare) grated cheese.  Not too shabby, eh?  It's time to get back to my lesson plan (#8 of 9!) but in the holiday spirit, I'll leave you with three little après dinner thoughts (two nice and appropriate and one not so serious).

"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action."  ~W.J. Cameron













AND why does this seem like a bad idea?  Actually why did it ever seem like a good idea?  I can already see it being the destructive tool of a jealous lover somewhere in the world.  Oopsies...

(from a side banner on Grooveshark; text reads: Enter the phone number of the friend you'd like to locate.) 

Haha sheesh.  Sending love from Argentina!  Cheers xx




No comments:

Post a Comment